Monday, October 6, 2008

Mr. Sullivan

Mr. Sullivan's presentation was very interesting. The programs and computer that he brought in were very neat, and new to me. I had never heard of any of the stuff that he showed us, but I am really glad that I have been introduced to it. I know that there are children out there with his disability and to be honest, without his presentation I wouldn't even know where to begin trying to help them. He was a very nice man, and I think its great that he is able to joke about his disability. His sense of humor eases the tension and makes it easier to talk to him. Also, It is amazing to me that there are actually people out there who can use the program with the extremely fast talking. It sounded like a foreign language to me, but I'm sure its just another thing you adjust to. Overall, I am very happy that he came to talk to us. It actually feel a little more prepared to handle a blind student, and I feel that I can actually help now.

No comments: